Frequently Asked Questions
Yes but there are certain regulations. A non-US investor has US federal tax obligations which differ from those who are in the US. We recommend you consult a tax advisor prior to investing.
Brass takes the data security seriously. Our investors deserve and expect institutional level security with their personal and investment information. The typical way of collecting and distributing investment information has been mainly through through email, postal mail, or file sharing tools such as Dropbox, Dropmark, hightail, etc. As you may know, email is extremely insecure. Most messages sent over the internet are unencrypted. Postal mail is slow and unreliable. File sharing sites have great security but they are only allowed to be used for document sharing and also require the end user to remember another login and password.
The BRASS Platform has been created FOR our investors. Our system prevents security breaches by using banking and military level encryption. We also host our platform in the largest and most advanced cloud hosting platform. We also conduct real time backups every second of every day which are stored for a year.
Brass’s founder, Rick Rodriguez, use Brass as his primary investment vehicle. To date, he is the largest investor in Brass. In addition, the entire Brass team is compensated on performance.
Brass Investments and REITs both create returns from real estate. However, there are many differences. Here are a few:
- Brass is focused on creating returns for all stakeholders (us and the investors). REITs are designed to generate fees for the manager of the investments as a source for return for the manager.
- Our investments are operated through and LLC. In doing so, the tax benefits (depreciation, interest expense, etc.) pass through to the investors. In REITs, the income paid out is taxed at the ordinary income rate.
- Private REITs pay substantial fees to other advisors to sell their offering. Brass is able to offer lower fees for the investor because we manage/sell our investments. That means we can put more of the investor dollars into the properties.
- Brass’s principals invest in our own deals. Very few REITs make significant contributions of their own capital into their investments.
- Brass provides monthly updates on our investments and has full transparency into the investment and processes. REITs typically don’t provide as much transparency because they aren’t obligated to do so.
Brass buys real estate directly. We use the best technology in the industry to provide the most seamless and valuable experience for our customers. Brass’s goal is to generate the best risk-adjusted returns for the investors through great acquisitions and management of high-quality real estate. Brass also invests WITH our clients and employs experts who are intimately familiar with the areas.
Brass looks for underperforming, multi-family, office and single-family assets in high-growth markets throughout the US. Brass looks to add value through great procurement and active management of those assets.
Brass targets fast growing US markets based on evaluation of demand factors including population growth, job growth, transportation and education.
Brass is a San Antonio, TX based real estate investment and development firm founded in 1991. Brass focuses on acquiring and/or developing office, multi-family and single family properties in fast-growing markets around the United States. Brass has more than $200 million dollars in assets under management with over $1.2 Billion development pipeline and a combined 180+ years of expertise.
All investors have 24/7 access to their investment account via the Investor Portal on Brass’ website. Your account is updated quarterly so you know exactly how much you have invested and the distributions paid. Your investment documentation is always available and quarterly Investor Statements and annual tax documents (K-1s) are posted and available for download at your convenience.
During the initial investment process, all investment subscriptions are deposited with a third-party escrow provider and release upon closing. Funds are then disbursed and used according to the fund’s operating agreement. Each fund has it’s own separate operating and/or reserve and escrow accounts that are never commingled with any other fund. Depending on the structure of the specific investment you are considering, Brass may or may not use a third-party fund administrator. Please refer to your offering documentation or contact your Brass Investor Relations for information related to the specific investment you are considering.
Yes. Brass uses third-party accounting firms to provide a compiled or audited financial statement on an annual basis for each of its funds. Please refer to your offering documentation or contact your Brass Investor Relations for information related to the specific investment you are considering.
Yes, you can employ numerous investment vehicles to invest with Brass. Please contact Brass Investor Relations if you have any questions or need a referral to a qualified expert to structure your investment.
If you are registered for an account via the Investor Portal on our website, you will receive access to an Investor Relations associate who can answer your questions and guide you through the investment process. They will also walk you through using the Investor Portal to track your investment and obtain any related information or documentation.
We make investing with Brass easy. We make investing with Brass easy. Simply sign up for an account through the Investor Portal on our website. Once registered, you will have access to view our open offerings.
Yes. To comply with SEC regulations all new investors with Brass must be accredited. Brass uses a third-party verification service to make sure your financial information remains confidential.
All Brass investment offerings are available to accredited investors. We will verify your accreditation upon commitment to an offering. Per the SEC under Rule 501 of Regulation D, to qualify as an accredited investor you must accomplish at lease one of the following:
- Income greater than $200k per year or a joint spousal income of $300k or more.
- Have net worth exceeding $1M (jointly or individual)
- You are a Bank, insurance, registered investment company, small business investment company, or business development company.
- A General Partner, executive officer or director of a security being offered.
- A business where all equity owners are accredited investors.
- An employee benefit plan, trust, charitable org, partnership or a company with total assets in excess of $5M
All successful investors require “deal flow” – a stream of high-quality investment opportunities they can choose from to achieve their financial goals. Registering for an account with Brass ensures you receive the institutional-level real estate investment opportunities that offer current cash-flow, tremendous tax advantages, and appreciation potential.
RECENT BLOG ENTRIES
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.